Fees information

Each course has a fee which a student must pay in order to enrol on a course.  In this section you will find all the relevant details regarding fees.

It is the responsibility of every student to pay tuition fees and we will ask you to show proof of your tuition fee payment at enrolment.

  • If you are sponsored, or receive a student loan, your fees will be paid directly by your sponsorship organisation or the Student Loans Company. You will need to show evidence of your loan or sponsorship on enrolment. Doing this quickly should mean that there is no delay to your enrolment and student loan being paid.
  • If you are paying your tuition fees yourself then you are required to do this before you can enrol. Details of methods and terms of payment.

You must have completed online pre-enrolment before you are invited to enrol online. During your pre-enrolment, we will ask you to formally confirm that you accept responsibility for the tuition fees due for that academic year.

If you need further information regarding funding, please see the funding and money advice page.

By re-enrolling online, you are also confirming that you accept responsibility for the tuition fees due for that academic year. There are a number of ways to ensure your fees are paid:

  • If all your fees are paid via the Student Loans Company you do NOT have to show your Assessment Letter/Payment Schedule to University, as confirmation of your re-enrolment will be sent to the Student Loans Company directly after you have re-enrolled.
  • If you are paying all of the tuition fees yourself these must either be paid in full or paid via an approved instalment plan agreed with accounts receivable in the finance department.
  • If your tuition fees are being paid partly by you and partly by the Student Loans Company, you must pay the remainder of the fees online through ePayments or at the University's finance office.

Re-enrolment is conditional upon you having paid all fees from the previous year.

There is a range of funding options available to Postgraduate students including the new Postgraduate Loan, available to students meeting the eligibility and course criteria.

Overseas students usually have to pay a deposit equal to 50% of the tuition fees for the first year. This must be paid before starting the course, however, students who need to apply for a Tier 4 visa will be required to pay this deposit before a CAS can be assigned. Those who win full scholarships do not pay a deposit.

The CAS Application Portal

Tuition fee waivers and refunds will automatically be processed once you have formally withdrawn or intermitted from your studies according to the University's fee policy. Please click the following links for details of how to request to withdraw or take a break from your studies.

Resident in England - Student Finance England

  • Tel: 0300 100 0607
    (open Mon-Fri from 8am to 8pm and between 9am and 4pm on Sat-Sun)
  • Minicom: 0300 100 0620 Resident in Wales - Student Finance Wales

Resident in Wales - Student Finance Wales and Welsh version

  • Tel: 0300 200 4050
    (open 8am-8pm Mon - Fri and between 9am-1pm on Saturday).
  • Minicom: 0300 100 1693

Resident in Northern Ireland - Student Finance NI

  • Tel: 0300 100 0077
    (open Mon-Fri from 8.00am-8.00pm and between 9am-4pm on Sat-Sun).
  • Minicom: 0300 100 0625

Resident in Scotland - Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS)

  • Tel: 0300 555 0505 (open 8.30am - 5pm (4.30pm on Fridays) 8am - 6pm (4.30pm on Fridays) from early June to mid October.
chat loading...