DDS Get Tech Go!
During the 21/22 academic year, DDS will be providing technology strategy workshops that will be available to all London Metropolitan students. Our spring workshops will be running during March early April and are aimed at new students and also those wishing to improve their technology-based study skills.
To book your place see the 'How do I register?' tab below.
So Get Tech Ready, Get Tech GO! and make the most of the IT that is available to you.
What technology will be covered?
During the workshops a range of technology tools will be demonstrated including:
- MS Office 365
- Adobe Reader
- Google Chrome and Google Apps
- Google Calendar / Windows Calendar
- Windows Accessibility Tools
- ClaroRead Plus
Factsheets are available to attendees detailing how to access the tools above, many of which are available for free or at no cost to London Metropolitan University students.
Students are welcome to attend any of the individual workshops offered below. However, Get Tech Go workshops have been planned as a series with strategies linking from workshop to workshop. Students are therefore encouraged to attend all workshops for optimal benefit.
Workshop 1 will focus on technology strategies to aid with reading. It will include:
- Adapting onscreen text to aid with the reading process.
- Adapting display properties to make the onscreen text easier to read.
- Finding and gathering useful information.
- Using text to speech to have onscreen text read aloud.
- Converting digital text into audio files.
- Converting inaccessible PDF documents into accessible text.
Workshop 2 will focus on technology strategies to aid with note-taking, organisation and planning. It will include:
- Naming and organising digital study resources to help find information efficiently.
- Organising information and ideas using visual planning tools.
- Organising information and ideas using MS OneNote.
- Using time management tools.
Workshop 3 will focus on technology strategies to aid with writing and proofreading (checking your work). It will include:
- Using predictive text tools to aid with writing.
- Using speech to text tools - dictate text into your computer.
- Using MS Office proofreading tools.
- Using Grammarly to check your writing.
When are the Get Tech Go workshops?
- Workshop 1: Next workshop date to be confirmed.
- Workshop 2: Next workshop date to be confirmed.
- Workshop 3: Next workshop date to be confirmed.
See the 'How do I register?' tab below to book your place.
Where are the workshops?
Online - when you have registered for a workshop you will be sent a link to join in online.
How do I register?
If you wish to attend any of the workshops please book your place via the Eventbrite links below:
- Workshop 1: To be confirmed.
- Workshop 2: To be confirmed.
- Workshop 3: To be confirmed.
Please note: If you wish to attend all three workshops you must book your place for each one.
A link to join each online workshop will be sent to you shortly before the event via your University email address - so do check your University email account regularly!
If you have any queries concerning your booking please contact us via email email@example.com or telephone +44 (0)20 7320 2848.
Get Tech Go! Factsheets
The content of Get Tech Go! workshops has been collated into factsheets for London Met students. Strategies are structured to form a technology-based study skills curriculum and so factsheets are best viewed in order. Check back regularly for new information and updates!
Copies of the factsheets above in alternative formats are available to students upon request.