Finding work: Job Shop
A Chat button shows below when we're online
Covid 19 update
To access relevant advice and information download our Resources to help you with your job search post Covid-19 pandemic document
The Job Shop provides access to both paid and voluntary opportunities.
Log into MyCareer to access:
- part-time and temporary vacancies
- internship or placement opportunities
- graduate positions
- volunteering opportunities
For advice on using MyCareer see our Searching for opportunities on Mycareer guide and if you are experiencing any difficulties accessing the system, please contact email@example.com
See our Code of Practice: Students for details of terms and conditions.
Register with Met Temps, Londonmet's in-house agency to browse paid temporary or part-time work in the university.
Use the job search engine on our careers portal to find openings for full time and part-time jobs as well as graduate and internship opportunities.
Why not watch the GRB video to access tips on CVs, applications, interviews and job hunting from recent graduates who have successfully secured work, including a London Met graduate from BA advertising, marketing communications and public relations.
The Job Shop also organises a series of events throughout the year: part-time jobs fairs, volunteering fairs and employer "pop-ups". Details of these are posted on our Eventbrite page.
Student Circus: support for international students seeking work in the UK
Student Circus is a dedicated job search platform that caters to the needs of international students in the UK. All jobs and internships on the platform are from UK employers willing to sponsor work visas to those who are studying in or have recently graduated from UK universities. There are 30,000+ licensed companies who can sponsor work visas for graduates: the platform uses custom made algorithms to aggregate this information so applicants can save time and apply for appropriate opportunities.
The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers for 2020-2021
The digital edition of the Times Top 100 graduate employers is now available. Included is:
- an assessment of how the graduate job market is being affected by the Coronavirus situation
- Information on over 20,000 top graduate jobs on offer for 2021
In addition, you can register with the Top 100 website to get the latest news about Top 100 employers, details of their recruitment promotions, and all the information you need to apply to the top graduate programmes.
Additional job search resources
Download information sheets on:
To find out how much tax and/or national insurance you may have to pay, go to the income tax calculator.
Information for Employers
If you would like to advertise an opportunity for our students or recent graduates, click on the relevant link below:
- London Met managers: Support students in developing workplace skills, experience and confidence by offering suitable internal work opportunities.
- Not-for-profit organisations: Advertise your volunteering opportunities to our students who can add value to your organisation.
- Employers: Advertise your opportunities free of charge through our Job Shop to access a talented and diverse group of students and recent graduates
Before advertising please refer to our Code of Practice: Employers .
If you would like to meet students at our regular fairs or take part in careers events please email Careers