Student and Staff Research Conference
Between Tradition and Innovation: New Research at London Met
14-15 July 2020
The conference is part of a number of recent initiatives to strengthen our research culture, and provides an excellent opportunity for postgraduate research (PGR) students and staff to share their research and for PGR students, in particular, to add to their experience of presenting and exposing their research design, analysis or findings to critical scrutiny.
The conference organisation is overseen by the Postgraduate Research Student-Staff Liaison Forum in co-operation with the Research Office and the PGR Society.
Delivered online over two days; Donna Whitehead, Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Don MacRaild, Pro Vice-Chancellor for Research and Knowledge Exchange will open the first and second days respectively.
- Lightning talk - brief three-minute presentation (poster to be displayed during lunchtime) on your research topic aimed at PGR students in their first or second year
- Presentation of student paper /staff paper / joint student-staff paper (20-minute slot; aimed at PGR students in advanced stage of research)
- Joint presentation of student-staff paper (45-minute slot; one submission will be selected, the others will be considered for the 20-minute slots)
The two days will feature papers from the six Schools of the University, allocated to a ‘Social and Creative Panel’ and an ‘ICT and Science Panel’, in the form of 20-minute talks, three-minute lightning talks and poster presentations in break-out rooms. The conference is framed by two longer keynote talks.
Presentation of awards
Awards will be presented in a number of categories including:
- Best poster
- Best Lightning Talk
- Best Student Paper
- Most engaging Student Paper
- Best link to the Conference Topic ("Between Tradition and Innovation: New Research at London Met")
The first four prizes will be decided by a Judging Panel, the last will be voted on by attendees.