Travel Information

Travel guide for students

Travel information for students arriving in England to start their course. There is also information about leaving England for short holidays during the scheduled breaks.

Before you make travel arrangements it is important to keep the following information in mind: 

Check if you can travel 

Travelling during term is not permitted,  all your travel plans should be during the official university holidays advertised in our term dates. However, If you find yourself in a situation where you cannot attend your classes you can ask your Course Leader to allow you to have an authorised absence of up to 3 weeks. If you feel like you cannot attend classes after the 3 weeks authorised absence passed, you will be required to take a break from your studies. 

Remote Study and your Student visa 

UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI) have announced that the concessions allowing Student Visa holders to study remotely ended on 30 June 2022. From 1 July 2022, Student Visa holders must be physically present on campus for study. 


Whether you are travelling home to spend time with your family during the Christmas period, or if you are planning to go on holiday to Europe during the break, please ensure you check the travel advice for the country of destination before making any bookings. Remember, even if the UK Government says it's OK to travel, you need to check the rules for your country of destination. The Foreign Commonwealth & Development Office provides advice about travelling abroad, latest information on coronavirus, safety and security, entry requirements and travel warnings. 


If you are planning to visit a country which will require you to apply for visa, please start your application early to avoid disappointment. If you are spending your break in the Schengen area, you can check the application requirements for each country on the Schengen Visa Information pages. 

On Friday 18 March 2022, all Covid-related travel restrictions were removed.

What documents do you need to show at UK Customs? 

You will need to show that you are enrolled at UK institution, for the purpose of travel, please download the enrolment letter from eVision.  

What happens if you lose your documents overseas? 

You should report the loss or theft of the BRP to the police and obtain a police report, then report your lost or stolen BRP to UKVI 

You should then apply for a replacement BRP visa single entry to re-enter the UK costing £154 

Once you have returned to the UK you should apply for a replacement BRP card within 1 month 

You will not be able to use your BRP if you find it after you report it lost or stolen. 

chat loading...