Frequently asked questions

Q) I haven't received my student loan, when will I receive it?

The Student Loans Company release your first tuition fee loan payment after we confirm that you are fully enrolled with the University. We normally notify the SLC on the day of your enrolment and the payment then takes three working days to arrive in your bank account.
If you enrolled/ re-enrolled  prior to the start of the academic year then you will receive your payment on the first day of term.

If you are still experiencing issues please contact our Fees team by email feequery@londonmet.ac.uk.
If you have yet to apply for for student finance and need support please book an appointment with our Student Money Team

Q) What does my progression decision mean?

• PP (Pass ProgressAt least 90 credits passed and at least 120 credits completed. All required modules identified as 'must pass' in the Course Specification passed.
    • You will now progress on to your next academic year
  • PR (Conditional ProgressionAt least 60 credits passed and at least 120 credits completed. All required modules identified as 'must pass' in the Course Specification passed.
    • You will now progress on to your next academic year. Please note that you will have to re-take any failed modules (maximum of 30 credits).
  • RL (Remain at Level) Cannot progress as PR but at least 30 credits passed.
    • You will not progress on to your next academic year and will need to repeat your failed modules.
  • FD (Fail Discontinue)You have passed less that 30 credits
    • Student’s status shall be terminated (Fail Discontinue) unless evidence through mitigating circumstances procedures or a review of academic performance confirms that deferred assessment or further opportunities to repeat should be available.
    • To appeal this progression please complete an appeal form and send to the Student Hub (hub@londonmet.ac.uk) or drop it off at one of our physical locations

More information regarding progressions can be found here.

If you have received a decision of PR or RL the Student Hub will be liasing with your Course Leaders and registering your modules and by 13 September, 2019 you will receive an email to re-enrol. Once you have re-enrolled you will be able to see your timetable in the folowing 48 hours.

If you are a student with a PR or RL progression desicision and would like to change your modules you will first need approval from your Course Leader. The Student Hub would need to see an email from the Course Leader confirming any changes. If you are contacting your Course Leader you can CC studenthub@londonmet.ac.uk so that we are aware of any decisions.

Q) How do I respond to my offer?

If you have applied through UCAS you will need to log into UCAS Track (the hub for students to keep track of their UCAS applications) and reply there. You can find a full guide here.

If you have applied directly to London Met, you should reply through the student portal – login here.

Q) I can’t log in to UCAS - what should I do?

A)  You should reset your password or if this does not work contact UCAS directly.

Q) I didn’t receive any offers - how do I add an extra choice?

A) You can add London Met as an extra choice on UCAS EXTRA

Q) I didn’t select London Met as my firm or insurance choice - can I change this?

A) You should withdraw from your other choices on UCAS track in order to add London Met on UCAS extra or Clearing.

Q) I have an English test - can I cancel it / change the date?

A) You can rebook your English Test by logging onto Eventbrite directly through the invitation link sent out to you.

Q) I selected London Met as my insurance choice - how do I change to firm?

A) You will need to request to be released by your firm choice and then we will automatically become your firm choice. The other institution may request a confirmation letter from us allowing them to do this.

Q) My offer has conditions. How do I send my documents?

A) Log in to the application portal to upload your document, if you are unsure how to do so refer to the initial application confirmation email

Q) What are my options if my application is rejected?

A) We would be happy to receive an application for a future intake – unfortunately, we would not be able to consider for the current intake unless they are able to provide additional qualifications.

Q) When can I expect to receive an update on my application?

A) 10 working days although we aim to provide an update prior to that time.

Q) When must I meet the conditions of my offer?

A) We would advise to meet your conditions at your earliest opportunity. We would advise you to make sure you meet any conditions before your enrolment date so as to avoid missing any of your course.

If you are an International student give yourself plenty of time in order to apply for their visa. Dates and deadlines for international students.

Q) How do I apply for student finance?

A) Please view the link below to find information about student loans on the London Met website (including tuition fees and maintenance).

http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/applying/funding-your-studies/loans/tuition-fee-loan/

You can also find guidance through the student finance section on the gov.uk website.  

Q) I haven’t received my student finance decision yet. What should I do?

A) Student finance can take a while to provide a decision – we would advise you to contact them should you urgently require an update.

Q) The Student Loan Company are now paying for my fees, how can I update this?

A) If you are now in receipt of a tuition fee loan, Student Finance will let the university know directly.

Q) Why have I not received my student finance support?

A) There could be a variety of reasons which could be;  

1. Have you been fully approved for your support as it can take up to 6 weeks to be approved? -  Once you have been approved you will receive a Notification of Entitlement letter explaining your funding

2Are you fully enrolled at London Met for the current academic year? - London Met are unable to confirm your attendance for student finance until you are fully enrolled. When you are fully enrolled confirmation will be sent that day.

3.Does the Student Loans Company have your bank details? You can update your bank details online. You can do this by logging into your student finance account and clicking on ‘Update My Profile’.

4Does the Student Loan Company  have your national insurance number? -Your loan can not be paid till your national insurance number is checked with HMRC, this can take up to a week after your application is approved.

Q) Where can I get financial advice?

A) The Student Money and Accommodation Advice team provides confidential, face-to-face drop-in sessions and appointments on a range of issues from undergraduate and postgraduate funding for Home and EU students, to accommodation in student halls and private rented accommodation in London.

They offer support with making your funding application to Student Finance England or its non-UK team, and advice and help with resolving any difficulties you might have in the process with Student Finance England.

They also provide funding advice if you are considering changing, suspending, or leaving your course, and support in liaising with other University teams, for example, the Student Fees Office and the Income Section.

During the summer vacation, advisers are available for appointments at various times Monday to Friday, at Holloway Road Learning Centre and at Aldgate. You can now book an appointment with a Student Money and Accommodation Adviser online. Click HERE to book an appointment 

For further information, please visit the link below:

http://student.londonmet.ac.uk/fees-and-funding/money-and-financial-advice/

Q) What are the tuition fees for next year ?

A) If you are a returning student, your fee will be displayed on evision when you complete your re-enrolment. If you have any further queries, please contact email feequery@londonmet.ac.uk  quoting your student number at all times.

If you are a new student, details of tuition fees can be found on the following link:  http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/applying/funding-your-studies/undergraduate-tuition-fees/

Q) How do I apply for the Hardship Fund?

A)  Information on the hardship fund can be found on the link below:

http://student.londonmet.ac.uk/fees-and-funding/hardship-fund/

Completed forms can be submitted to the Student Hub; please note deadlines apply (see the link for details).

Q) What are the university details to pay by bank transfer?

A) Details of how to pay via bank transfer can be found below:

http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/applying/funding-your-studies/ways-to-pay/pay-by-bank-transfer/

Q) I need to change my name or other personal details on my record?

A) You will need to bring to the student Hub an official document (e.g. marriage certificate, current passport, deed poll certificate) to show that your details have changed, this is where staff will be able to take your details and get the record updated.

Q) I Need a New ID Card ?

A) Replacement ID cards can be purchased through the eshop using the link below. Please bring your receipt to the Student Hub and we can print you a new one.

https://eshop.londonmet.ac.uk/product-catalogue/id-cards-lanyards/replacement-id-card-and-lanyard-request

If your card has been stolen, you can report it to the police and once you recieve a Crime Reference Number we will issue you with a new card free of charge.

Q) My ID card isn't working?

A)This could be due to several reasons please come into the student hub and we can explore this with you. Our opening times are Monday - Friday 9:30 - 17:00 

Q) How do I apply for a Student Oyster card?

A) If you are a full time student you may be eligible for a Student Oyster card. Eligible students can save 30% on adult-rate Travelcards and Bus & Tram Pass season tickets. You can apply on the link below:

Transport For London Website

When you start the application you will need to create a web account. You will also need to provide a digital photo for your Student Oyster card which you can upload online. Your Student Oyster card will be sent to you once the University has approved your application.

We strongly advise that you read the terms and conditions before making your application. 

Q) Why has my Student Oyster card been canceled?

A) If your Student Oyster card has been cancelled it may be because you no longer meet the eligibility criteria. You may have graduated from University or you may no longer be studying on a full-time basis. Students who are concerned about any cancellations can contact the hub on 02071337001.   

Full time undergraduate student 

As a full time undergraduate student, the maximum credits you can be registered for in one academic year is 120 credits.

Additional credits cannot clash with any existing modules registered.

When choosing an additional module be sure to check that the module does not clash with your current modules taking. 

Part time undergraduate student

As a part time undergraduate student, the maximum credits you can be registered for in one academic year is 90 credits.

As a part time postgraduate student, the maximum credits you can be registered for in one academic year is 120. Any amount above this will result in your mode of attendance changing to full time.

Returning student 

If you are a returning student and your progression decision is to remain at current level (RL), you cannot add additional modules to change your mode of attendance.  

All information on module registration can be found on the following link below:

https://student.londonmet.ac.uk/your-studies/course-and-module-information/module-registration-/

Part-time student module registration;

Returning students who have passed all modules should have received an email to their London Met account providing instructions on how to register your modules. 

You should refer to the course catalogue which provides details of the modules you can take on your course.  This can be accessed using the link below: 

https://intranet.londonmet.ac.uk/course-catalogue/

Q) Can I change my seminar group?

A) Any request to change group will require authorization from the module leader who should email the Student Hub directly. Group changes are not permitted after the second week of teaching unless there is a clash with another module.

Q) I feel like giving up… I am not getting any help

The Student Liaison Team provides advice and assistance to students who experience challenges – whether personal or professional – to help you get the support you need to succeed in your studies.

They can provide information and advice relating to academic and personal support available at London Met, as well as support services in your local area. They also provide coaching & mentoring to help you get back on track to achieve your goals.

If you are struggling with your studies, or there are circumstances hindering you from doing your best here at London Met, you can contact the Student Liaison Team via email at studentliaison@londonmet.ac.uk, or you may call your Student Hub on 020 7133 7001 and they can put you in touch with the Student Liaison Adviser for your School.

Q) How do I withdraw from the University?

A) You need to formally confirm your intention to withdraw from the University by completing the withdrawal request on your Evision account. You can find the withdrawal request within the My Progress section of Evision.

Further information can be found on the link below:

http://student.londonmet.ac.uk/your-studies/student-administration/withdrawal-process-module-or-university/

chat loading...