Money and financial advice
About the Advice, Information and Funding Service
The Advice, Information and Funding Service (AIFS) provides confidential, face-to-face drop-in sessions and appointments on a range of issues from advice on undergraduate and postgraduate funding for Home and EU students, support with making your funding application to Student Finance England or its non-UK team, and advice and help with resolving any difficulties you might have in the process with Student Finance England. It also provides funding advice if you are considering changing, suspending, or leaving your course, and support in liaising with other University teams, for example, the Student Fees Office and the Income Section. Please check out our film for more information about the support we offer.
During the summer vacation student advisers are available for appointments at various times Monday to Friday, at Holloway Road Learning Centre and Aldgate, and on Wednesdays at the Moorgate Hub. To book an appointment please contact your Student Hub or Student Services (Aldgate: 020 7320 2370; Holloway: 020 7133 2094).
Our student advisers provide specialist funding advice for undergraduate and postgraduate Home and EU students. We are available for drop-ins or appointments at the following locations and times during term time.
Aldgate Hub - 9:30 until 12:30 Monday to Friday
Holloway Hub - 9:30 until 12:30 Monday to Friday
Moorgate Hub - 9:30 until 12:30 Tuesday and Wednesday only
Drop-ins are a first come first seen service, with each drop-in lasting a maximum of 20 minutes. As advisers can only see a certain number of students during each drop-in session, it is advisable to arrive as early as possible. If you arrive late or the maximum number of students has been seen, you will be referred to the next drop-in session, or invited to book an appointment.
During term time student advisers are also available for afternoon appointments. These are based in the Student Services centres at Aldgate (Calcutta House) and Holloway (Learning Centre).
To book an appointment please contact your Student Hub or the Student Services reception - Aldgate: 020 7320 2370; Holloway: 020 7133 2094.
During the vacation period, student advisers are available for appointments only, Monday to Friday. Please see the appointments section (above) on how to book.
- Calendar for Student Finance England's live funding-related webchats which are running this week (beginning 6 February)
- Xero Entrepreneur Scholarship for full-time business-related courses, closing date 30 June 2017
- February start undergraduate funding 16/17
- Student Finance England explained - films with British Sign Language
- EU nationals and Student Finance in England following Brexit
- New phishing scam claims students have won an educational grant awarded by the Department of Education - do not respond!
- EU nationals: From 25 March 2016 EU students starting courses in 2016/17 must prove they have been living in the UK for five years prior to the start of their course if they wish to be considered for maintenance funding from SFE.
- Support and information for estranged students
- Video on new postgraduate loans for 2016 starters
- February start undergraduate funding 15/16
- RIBA Part 2 bursaries scheme 16/17
- Phishing scams - please do not respond to emails or texts requesting your SFE log-in details
- Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- Tax guide for students
- Student funding and debt factsheet
- www.gov.uk/student-finance - apply for your undergraduate funding package!
London Met Bursary
Full-time undergraduate funding 17/18
February start undergraduate funding 16/17
Full-time undergraduate funding 16/17
Part-time undergraduate funding 16/17
February start undergraduate funding 15/16
Full-time undergraduate funding 15/16
EU/EEA undergraduate funding
Students with children
Architecture and Interior Design
BSc Social Work
Repeating, suspending or withdrawing
Asylum seekers and refugees
Full-time funding application guidance notes
Early Childhood Studies
Changing mode of study
Are your finances out of control?
Do you borrow money to pay your bills?
Do you have rent arrears, money owed on gas and electricity, or unpaid phone bills?
Do you owe money on store and credit cards?
We are pleased to announce we are now running a weekly debt advice service. Toynbee Hall are an external organisation who can help you get your debts back under control and draw up an IVA (Individual Voluntary Agreement). Appointments are on a Thursday afternoon at Aldgate campus, and if successful, we hope to roll this service out to cover Holloway campus.
If you would like an appointment, please email email@example.com your name and student ID number and we can book you in.
Please take a look at our accommodation pages for information on external student halls of residence, private rented accommodation, short stay accommodation, summer accommodation, and landlord services. Alternatively, contact our accommodation team:
Tel: +44 (0)20 7133 3998
Student Pad: londonmetstudentpad.co.uk/accommodation