Webmail: Google mail
On enrolment you as a Student will be allocated a Google Application for Education (GAE) account, which includes your LondonMet student email.
Google Apps provides a fast, reliable email service with access to Google Calendar, Docs and Chat.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Open your University Gmail account on a computer. Forwarding cannot be set up using the Gmail mobile application.
- In the top right of the screen, click the Settings symbol (which looks like a cog)
- Click the Settings option in the menu that appears
- Click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- In the "Forwarding" section, click Add a forwarding address.
- Enter the email address you want to forward messages to
- Click Next
- A pop-up window will appear asking for confirmation of the forwarding address. This only confirms the proposed email address and does not start email forwarding. The forwarding is set up in a later step.
- Click Proceed then OK in the pop-up box.
- A verification message will be sent to that email address. Click the verification link in the message received. This will launch a web page requesting confirmation.
- Click Confirm to allow Gmail to send emails to that forwarding address
- Go back to the settings page for your university Gmail account (steps 2 & 3 above)
- Refresh your browser.
- Select Forward a copy of incoming mail to and choose the email address that you just verified as a forwarding destination
- Now choose what you want to happen with the Gmail copy of your emails. We strongly recommend keeping a copy of the emails you forward from your university Gmail account to ensure that you always have a safe copy of emails received. You may wish to automatically move them to a Gmail folder for safe keeping.
- At the bottom of the page, click Save Changes
- Your emails will now be forwarded to your chosen email destination
Google offer further instructions on how to disable forwarding, how to forward only certain emails and other related queries.
Your email password is always the same as your London Met ICT account ID password; so changing your password is done by changing your ICT Account ID password.
Your email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
For example for Carol Evans with the username cae0505, the email address is email@example.com.
Please contact the ICT Servicedesk if you have any IT issues.
020 7133 4444
The telephone line is open 24/7, 365 days a year including weekends and public holidays.
Between 9am and 5pm Mondays to Fridays, the phones are answered by London Met IT staff. An out-of-hours service is provided by NorMAN, operated by University of Northumbria at Newcastle.
Online chat is available Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 17:00 term time (excluding public holidays).
Get help at our IT desks located in the Aldgate and Holloway Road libraries.
- Aldgate: 11am-5pm Mondays and Wednesdays
- Holloway Road: 11am-5pm Tuesdays and Thursdays