Change my password
You can change your password (or reset it if you’ve forgotten it) by using Fastpass, an online self-service system that you can use from anywhere you can access the internet.
You need to register with Fastpass before using it for the first time and we recommend that you register as soon as you join the University, so that you’ll be ready to use the service in future.
Once you've registered with Fastpass you can use it to reset your password at any time.
If you have any problems with this procedure please contact the ICT Helpdesk.
How to register with Fastpass
- Go to Password manager Click Register into the Password Manager Service and then Register using your password as authentication.
- Enter your University username in the User ID field and the code that the portal assigns to you (please note that the code is case sensitive). Click Continue.
- Enter your current password in the form and then click Continue.
- Select your security questions and answers. Once you have entered your answers and confirmed the answers, click Continue.
- Click OK to complete the registration. You have now registered your account with the service.
How to change your password
You need to register with Fastpass before using it to change your password - see instructions above.
- Go to Fastpass and select 'Having problems logging into a University Service' to change your password.
- Select (from the options and follow the instructions if other) Change Password.
- Then enter your University username and the code in the form and click Continue.
- Answer your security questions when prompted and click Continue.
- Enter your current password in the Old Password field and a new password in the New Password field. You need to enter a password that is at least 8 characters long, including 1 UPPERCASE character, 1 lowercase character and 1 numerical character. Please note, you cannot re-use a password that you have already used.
- Click Continue and then OK in the next interface to complete the process.
Please contact the ICT Service Desk if you have any IT issues.
020 7133 4444
Online chat is available Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 17:00 (excluding public holidays).
07831 145950 (only for WhatsApp, not direct calls)
The telephone line is open 24/7, 365 days a year including weekends and public holidays.
Between 9am and 5pm Mondays to Fridays, the phones are answered by London Met IT staff. An out-of-hours service is provided by NorMAN, operated by University of Northumbria at Newcastle.
TechSmart (term-time only)
Get help during term-time at our TechSmart drop-in sessions:
- Aldgate library: 9.00am-4.30pm Mondays and Wednesdays
- Holloway library: 9.00am-4.30pm Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Moorgate Hub: 9.00am-4.30pm Fridays