Finding work: Job Shop
** PART-TIME JOBS FAIR, TUESDAY OCTOBER 24TH**
If you are looking for temporary or part-time work and hoping to earn some money whilst studying, why not come along to this event? It will take place in the Great Hall, Holloway from 12-3pm on Tuesday 24th October. To prepare, have a look at the Jobs Fair October 2017 Exhibitor List to see which organisations are attending and the range of vacancies on offer. More detailed information on each exhibitor can be found in the Jobs Fair Student Brochure. If you would like to update your CV in advance of the fair, book an appointment time with a careers consultant to access advice on producing an effective CV.
The Job Shop provides access to both paid and voluntary opportunities which allow you to develop a wide range of skills valued by employers. Whilst paid work offers the added benefit of providing extra funds to help you through your studies, volunteering allows you to make a difference within the community, and as such is regarded as a positive addition to any CV.
Use the links below to find out more about the openings available within the university, with external employers or with not-for-profit organisations. Also see our Code of Practice: Students.
For those interested in:
- part time vacancies,
- vacation or placement opportunities,
- graduate positions
For those interested in:
- paid positions within the university or
- volunteering within not-for-profit organisation
To register with Met Temps you will need an up to date copy of your CV. Use our quick query service to discuss your CV with a careers consultant.
In addition, the Job Shop organises a series of events throughout the year, typically part-time jobs fairs and volunteering fairs.
Information for Employers
If you would like to advertise an opportunity for our students or recent graduates, click on the relevant link below:
- London Met managers: Support students in developing workplace skills, experience and confidence by offering suitable internal work opportunities.
- Not-for-profit organisations: Advertise your volunteering opportunities to our students who can add value to your organisation.
- Employers: Advertise your opportunities through Jobsonline, a free jobs board allowing you access to a talented and diverse group of students and recent graduates
Before advertising please refer to our Code of Practice: Employers.
If you would like to meet students at our regular fairs or take part in careers events please email email@example.com