Postgraduate Research Society
The Postgraduate Research Society
The Postgraduate Research Society (PGRS) would like to provide everyone with the opportunity to meet others who are on the same journey and the chance to relax from studying and create long-lasting memories and friendships at London Met and beyond. Therefore, if you are just starting your research or nearing the end of your research, we would love for you to join!
The Postgraduate Research Society aims to enable Postgraduate Research (PGR) students to:
- Connect with like-minded people for mutual benefit and peer-support
- Socialise with others through social events, academic seminars and meetups outside school
- Promote and develop a research community from all backgrounds and studies
- Provide a space for developing research ideas amongst peers
- Create networking opportunities
- Provide support for new postgraduate students
- Attend activities aimed at developing research skills
Activities will include:
- Writing Retreats - dedicated writing time to progress in research in a supportive environment and provide feedback on writing-in-progress.
- Monthly Social Gatherings around London and beyond- walks, museums, hands-on workshops, and evening socials.
- Monthly London Met Lunch Gathering- once a month either the second or third Tuesday of the month... and much more.
The activities and success of the society depend upon the input from the students; the more input and initiative from the students, the more valuable the society will be. Hope to see you soon at our next meeting!
Please log in to the PGRS Student Union page to join our society.