The Inter-Library Loans service (ILL) gives you access to books and journal articles that are not in our collections.
To order an Inter-Library Loan first check the online library catalogue to make sure that the item you want is not available in this University. If it is not listed, then:
- Click on the Inter-Library Loans option and choose preferred format
- Fill in the online form with as much of the requested information as possible
- Enter your IT account username and password and click submit
The initial loan fee will be covered by the Postgraduate and Research Office however any overdue items or renewals will be payable by students.
For more information on this, please see our the Frequently Asked Questions on the Inter-Library Loans page in the Library section.
Both the Aldgate and Holloway Libraries provide Postgraduate Research students with a comprehensive list of support, services and materials, such as:
Academic Liaison Librarians (ALLs)
Alls are available to provide help and advice on fidning and using research material. If you need help identifying resources for your research, please email or make an appointment with you ALL.
Accessing and using other libraries
A good way to consult materials not held at London Met is to visit the British Library. The British Library has a number of e-resources now available for use in their reading rooms, as well as the traditional printed materials. Have a look at the section on visitor information as well as their catalogue and list of e-resources. Pleaae note you will need to register for a Reader Pass.
Open Access and the institutional repository
The London Met repository serves as the University's open access repository for research outputs. You can view the work of academics here.
Find out more about Library Services.
Designated Study Rooms
As a London Met Postgraduate Research Student, you will be able to take advantage of quiet and dedicated rooms to study in. There are specific rooms in every School and we have also set aside rooms in both the Holloway and Aldgate Libraries for our Postgraduate Research students to use:
- Holloway Library: room LC1-32 accessible via digilock, please email the Research and Postgraduate Office for the code email@example.com
- Aldgate Library: room CM2-N10 –please report to the Library Staff to sign in
- School of Social Sciences – TM2-10b
- School of Human Sciences – T11-01
- School of Computing and Digital Media – T6-01
- The Cass – GSG-15
- School of Social Professions – TM1-35
- Guildhall School of Business and Law - BELG-01 and TM2-10b