Step 3 - Preparing for your studies
All new students are expected to attend Welcome Week from 23 – 27 September. You will have a welcome timetable to introduce you to your course and modules, course leader and fellow students, and you will be able to attend a variety of Welcome Week activities throughout the week.
Your course inductions take place during the first week of university and you are expected to attend all sessions on your welcome timetable.
Your welcome timetable
Your welcome timetable includes course inductions as well as social events where you’ll meet your classmates and teaching staff.
The course inductions contain essential information to prepare you for your course, and explain what is expected from you as a London Met student.
The course inductions will:
- introduce key teaching staff including your course leader
- introduce you to the modules you will be studying, and important study tools you’ll use at London Met
- introduce you to fellow students and give you an opportunity to get to know your future classmates
You should check your welcome timetable again a few days before you are due to start in case there have been any last-minute changes. You are expected to attend all sessions listed on your welcome timetable.
Please have access to a copy of your welcome timetable when you come to the University, it will give you the dates and times and rooms where your induction sessions take place. Don’t worry about getting lost, we have the Student Welcome Team on hand to make sure you find the right room at the right time.
Access your welcome timetable
Once you have completed pre-enrolment, you will be able to access your welcome timetable which has been designed to help you settle into life as a London Met student and introduce you to your course.
You will be able to log in approximately 24 hours after you have completed your pre-enrolment.
Welcome Week activities
Throughout Welcome Week you will be able to attend a range of workshops and activities aimed at preparing you for your studies and for life as a student.
These activities are open to everyone and will be available every day. Activities will include:
- Student Funding information sessions and budgeting workshops
- Social activities and interactive workshops where you’ll meet current and new students, and prepare for starting your studies the following week
- Stalls and activities in the Junction hosted by the Student Union, Student Liaison Team and Student Ambassadors, where you’ll learn more about what’s on offer at London Met
The full schedule of workshops and activities will be available in September, please head to the Welcome week page to learn more.
You are very welcome to come for a Library tour led by a friendly and knowledgeable member of Library staff. Group tours will be offered at both the Holloway and Aldgate libraries as follows:
23 September to 11 October 2019
Monday to Friday 1.30pm and 3.30pm
No need to book. Tours will take approximately 20 minutes.