Step 2 - Face-to-face enrolment

A discussion in the Student Hub

Becoming a London Met Student

All new students, except those studying via distance learning, must attend enrolment in person.

You will be welcomed onto campus by our friendly student welcome team who will help you find your way around and answer any questions you may have.

They will direct you to the enrolment venues at your allotted time and date.

 When you enrol with us, you will:

  • agree to be a student member of the University for the whole or part of an academic year
  • confirm your agreement to abide by the University's regulations and to become liable for fee payment
  • check and update personal information held by the University on your student record
  • show proof of your identity
  • confirm that you consent to the University's Data Protection Statement

 During this stage: 

  • you’ll get your student ID card and can then start accessing our various sites and facilities
  • you’ll find out more about your course, timetable, and the important resources, services and facilities available to you
  • become eligible for council tax exemption certificates and student travel cards (if you are a full-time student)
  • it’s also a good chance to find out who else is on your course and start making new friends

Details of where you need to go to complete your enrolment will be emailed to you and will also be available in your Evision account.

You can find out more about the enrolment locations below.

The main enrolment period will be open from Monday 23 September. Teaching starts for most courses on Monday 30 September and you should have completed your enrolment by this date.

We will advise you of any additional documentation that may be required for verification, but in all cases you should bring the following:

Your email of admission

This will allow you access to the University until you receive your student ID card. 

Proof of identity

Please bring one of these:

  • current passport (with visa if applicable)
  • national identity card

Proof of tuition fee payment

If you are sponsored, or receive a student loan, your fees will be paid directly by your sponsorship organisation or the Student Loans Company. You will need to show evidence of your loan or sponsorship upon enrolment.

If you are paying your tuition fees yourself then you are required to do this before you can enrol.

For more information on paying your fees, please see our guide 

For applicants who are non EEA/EU passport holders, including those who are resident or domiciled in the UK and are subject to immigration control, Tier 4 (General) Student Visa, any category of Tier 1, Tier 2 or Tier 5 Visa, Dependent Visa, Limited Leave to Remain, EEA Family Resident Permit you will be invited to enrol with our International team.

What should I bring to Enrolment?

International students are required to bring more documentation with them to their enrolment session. You will need to bring the following:

 Your unconditional offer letter

This will allow you access to the University until you receive your student ID card.

Proof of identity

This must be a valid passport or an immigration status document endorsed by the Home Office (other forms of identity are not accepted).

Proof of tuition fee payment or sponsorship

All international students are required to pay 50% of their tuition fee before enrolment, or demonstrate that they are sponsored by an approved funding sponsor.

If you have not paid 50% of your tuition fee or provided evidence of funding, please do so before proceeding to enrolment.

You will need to bring along to enrolment:

  • a payment receipt issued by the University – this applies if you are not a holder of a Tier 4 (General) Visa
  • official Letter of Sponsorship by an approved funding sponsor if applicable

You can find out more on the details and methods of payment

 Proof of your immigration status

  • your London Met Tier 4 (General) Entry Clearance Visa – with Sponsor Licence D7G4NYBW3 in your passport and your separate biometric residence permit card which you will collect from your designated post office in the UK within 10 working days of your arrival in the UK
  • If your Tier 4 (General) visa application is still in progress, up-to-date evidence that you have a valid Tier 4 (General) visa application pending is required
  • a visa for any other immigration status – this visa will either be in your passport or a separate biometric residence permit

Original Academic Qualifications

For all students on Tier 4 visas, you must also bring the original qualifications that were used to issue your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) including any English Language test results. You will find details of these qualifications on your CAS under the 'Evidence Used to Obtain Offer' section.

Enrolment Zone at Holloway Campus

Opening hours and where to find us

Once you have pre-enroled you will be emailed with the date and time of your enrolment.

Tower Building

166-220 Holloway Road
N7 8DB

Room: TM1-14

FastTrack at Aldgate Campus

Once you have pre-enroled you will be emailed with the date and time of your enrolment.

Calcutta House

Old Castle Street
London E1 7NT

Room: CMGN-24

chat loading...