Frequently asked questions

Frequently asked questions

If you have any questions regarding your course or mode of attendance, please get in touch as soon as possible. Home and EU students should call our Admissions Office or if you are an international student you are able to talk to the International Admissions Office

If you change your mode of attendance (from full-time to part-time or vice versa) then you should be aware that this may affect any loans or other funding you receive. Specialist staff are available on a drop-in basis at our enrolment zone in Holloway.

You will need to complete your face-to-face enrolment in order to be eligible to apply. Please ensure you include your student ID number and full name (as detailed on your student record) on your TFL application. You should allow 5 working days for this to be approved by the university.

If you have any further queries in relation to receipt of your TFL Oystercard, you should contact TFL directly, visit the Transport for London website.

Yes. All undergraduate and postgraduate, full-time and part-time students can join the NUS. To find out more about the NUS Extra card, for discounts at a selection of retail outlets. Visit our Students' Union pages for more details.

Full time students usually do not have to pay Council Tax. If you live alone or in a household where everyone is a student then you will not need to pay Council Tax as the property will be 'exempt'.

You can request a Council Tax Exemption Letter from your Student Hub and then give it to your local Council office.

Your password is already provided in your email of admission. If this does not work for some reason, please email and a member of the team will get back to you.

How you pay your tuition fees depends on the type of funding you have, where you are from and whether you are studying at undergraduate or postgraduate level.

If you have applied for funding and have not heard anything it is worth checking with the Student Loans Company.

If you do not have a final outcome by the beginning of September, please come to see us as early as possible, bringing evidence that you have applied, and we can help you from there. You can talk to us at the Enrolment zone during welcome week (28 January to 1 February). You should ensure that you have sufficient funds to cover you for the first few weeks of term. Specialist staff are available on a drop-in basis at our enrolment zone in Holloway.

In almost all cases teaching begins immediately after welcome week, in the week commencing Monday 4 February, although some courses complete their enrolment and start teaching earlier, in which case you will be notified separately.

Your online welcome timetable (available from 21 January), gives details of the dates, times and venues for the introductory meeting(s) that you must attend.

The name of the course you are joining is set out in your email of admission. If you are unable to access your online welcome timetables get in touch and our Welcome team can help assist in resolving this for you.

Before your course starts, we will ask you to upload a photo which we will use to create your ID card - please see the section on pre-enrolment for details of how to do this.

You will receive your ID card when you enrol.

Please keep your ID card with you at all times while at the University.

Undergraduate students will also be able to view their timetables for classes via their Evision accounts; this facility is available normally 48 hours after the completion of pre-enrolment.

Timetables for postgraduate students will be issued during the welcome week at your course introductory meetings.

You can visit any Student Hub in any location where our staff will be happy to help assist you. The Student Hub is the place to go for any query related to your studies or your time at the University and is also the gateway to the wealth of other support services offered in the University, such as Student Services, Finance, learning support services.

Student Hubs provide a One Stop Shop for any queries you may have during your time at London Metropolitan University.

chat loading...