Enrolment for new students

Students at a laptop

Before you can start your course and get ready for everything that the first few weeks at university have to offer, you need to enrol. Follow the steps below to complete the enrolment process.

If you're relying on a student loan in order to pay your course fees, you'll need to begin your funding application process as soon as possible. Follow the guidance that's relevant to you below.


If you're expecting to receive funding from Student Finance England/Wales/Northern Ireland (only UK students or EU students who have (or have applied for) settled status prior to 31 December 2020)...

If your tuition fees are being paid by Student Finance, you must make your application prior to pre-enrolment. Doing this quickly should mean that there is no delay to your student loan being paid.

If you haven’t yet applied for your funding, you should do so immediately as you will not be able to pre-enrol without making a student finance application. Apply for student finance.

If you're paying your tuition fees yourself (self-financing)...

If you’re paying for your fees yourself you’ll need to do this before you can enrol. Find out about the ways you can pay.


Postgraduate Loan

If you plan to study a postgraduate master’s course you may be able to get a Postgraduate Loan of up to £11,570. The loan, which is not means tested, can be used towards course fees and living costs.

As the loan is paid directly into your bank account you need to provide evidence of your approved loan, otherwise you will be considered as a self-financing student.


If you’re paying for your fees yourself you’ll need to do this before you can enrol. Find out about the ways you can pay.

Useful links

If you are enrolling on one of the courses below you will need to apply for undergraduate funding:

  • Master of Architecture
  • PGCE
  • Professional Diploma in Architecture


Doctoral Loan

If you’re a UK student without a Research Council Living Allowance, you may be able to take out a non-means-tested loan of up to £27,265 to help cover the cost of a PhD.

Find out more about the Postgraduate Doctoral Loan.


If you’re paying for your fees yourself you’ll need to do this before you can enrol. Find out about the ways you can pay.

Get information and advice on funding whilst studying

Our Student Money and Accommodation Advice team provides advice and guidance on a range of issues around undergraduate and postgraduate funding for UK students.

Pre-enrolment is the first step in the enrolment process – watch our video guide to familiarise yourself with the process and then follow the steps below.

To pre-enrol, you’ll need to:

  • Log in to Evision – enter the username and password given to you in your email of admission and click the "log in" button – you’ll then be able to access a number of items of key information from your Evision account
  • Click on the My enrolment tab on the top of the screen
  • Click on the link that says Begin pre-enrolment

You’ll be guided through a number of screens that will ask you to do the following:

1. Read and agree to the University's terms and conditions

Here you'll need to confirm that you'll abide by the University's regulations and accept that you're liable to pay your fees. You'll also be asked to confirm that you consent to the University's Data Protection Statement.

2. Confirm your personal details

In this section, you'll be asked to confirm some details about you – this includes things like your nationality, your school and any disabilities you may have.

3. Confirm your contact details

Here you'll need to add your contact details – if you're living away from home for university, you'll need to add your term-time address as well as your home address.

4. Provide your payment details

Here you'll need to confirm that your fee is correct (refer back to your offer letter to check it's the same) and tell us how you intend to pay your fees, eg Student Finance Undergraduate Loan. If you select Student Finance Undergraduate Loan, you'll also need to tell us:

  • the date you applied for your funding
  • your customer reference number
  • your student support number

You'll find these details on any correspondence you have from Student Finance.

5. Upload your ID photo

You'll need to upload a suitable photo for your student ID card – this needs to be a jpeg, passport quality and no larger than 2.5MB.

Pre-enrolling should take no more than 15 minutes, as long as you have all the required information to hand.

You should aim to pre-enrol as soon as possible to ensure your enrolment proceeds smoothly.

If your password or login doesn’t work, please email: welcome@londonmet.ac.uk

Within two working days of completing pre-enrolment, you'l be sent an email from cloud@trustid.co.uk that will be sent by Trust ID – make sure to check your spam folder for it.

You will have two weeks to access your virtual identity verification before the link expires, but we suggest you do this as quickly as you can because you won't be able to enrol without doing it.

You will need to:

  • do this on a mobile or tablet device
  • have a piece of photo ID to hand
  • have any visa or settlement document(s) you may need to study in the UK
  • take a photo of yourself during the process

Once this has been done your virtual identity verification will be sent to us for processing.

Once you have completed pre-enrolment we'll be checking, amongst other things:

  • how you will be funding your course
  • the photo for your ID card
  • your right to study in the UK

If we have any concerns we'll contact you by email to follow up on these.

Enrolment advice for international students

What will I need to supply?

You will have to supply scanned copies of all the standard documentation we've asked you to provide as well as scanned copies of:

  • proof of identity – this must be a valid passport or an immigration status document endorsed by the Home Office (other forms of identity are not accepted)
  • proof of your immigration status – eg:
    • your Student visa with Sponsor Licence D7G4NYBW3 in your passport and your separate biometric residence permit card, which you will collect from your designated post office in the UK within 10 working days of your arrival in the UK
    • (if your Student visa application is still in progress) up-to-date evidence that you have a valid Student visa application pending such as the Home Office email receipt of application fee)
    • a visa for any other immigration status – this will either be in your passport or a separate biometric residence permit card (BRP)

Please also ensure you have your original academic and English language qualifications with you in the UK – we will contact you to bring them to the University for verification. This includes:

  • the original copies of your academic qualifications that formed the basis of your offer
  • (if you require a Student visa) the original copy of the English language test listed on your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)

Unfortunately, photocopies of your academic and English language qualifications will not be accepted. The University is not allowed to enrol you if we haven’t seen original copies of your qualifications.

Things to remember

  • If you’re a Student visa holder, your visa must be issued on a London Met sponsored Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS).
  • You may not be able to enrol if your visa application is still in process. We may ask you to provide up-to-date evidence that you have a valid pending visa application.
  • You will not be permitted to enrol if you have a Student visa sponsored by another institution or if you have a non-Student visa application pending. Please be aware that you will not be permitted to enrol if you cannot provide evidence of your UK immigration status, or any of the other mandatory enrolment documentation listed in this section.

Please feel free to speak to our international team if you have any questions about your immigration status or any other queries. Contact us at: international@londonmet.ac.uk.

Enrolment will take place online and you can do it from the comfort of anywhere, once you have completed pre-enrolment.

As long as you have passed all the required checks, we will email you when you can enrol. You can check if you have anything outstanding by accessing the “What is outstanding with my enrolment?” link on your evision account.
You will log into Evision as you did for pre-enrolment and complete a one-minute task to officially enrol yourself on your course.

Your student ID card will be produced once you have fully completed the enrolment process.

You will be emailed an invitation to collect your ID card from welcome@londonmet.ac.uk. Please make your way to the Graduate Centre, found on Holloway Road, to collect your ID card.

If you have not received your invitation, you will need to make your way to the courtyard, where staff will be on hand to give you a temporary visitor pass. Once you have your visitor pass, you will be directed to the Tower Building reception, where you can tap in at the barriers and enter the rest of the campus. Remember, you won't be able to get your actual student ID card until you are fully enrolled, so make sure you do that as soon as possible.

Please note that if you have received a new ID card, it can take 10 to 15 seconds for the card to register when you first tap into one of our buildings.

Your London Met student ID card will act as:

  • your student ID – This is your official student ID and therefore will include your name, photograph and student ID number. You need to carry your ID card with you at all times while on campus.
  • your access card to buildings  Some buildings require you to swipe your ID card to get into the building – you just need to touch your card on the reader on the door or turnstile.
  • Your library card  You’ll need to use your ID card to access the library and to borrow books and other learning materials.
  • Your print and photocopying card – You will need this card to print and photocopy documents on campus.

Please keep your ID card in a safe place as there is a charge to replace it if you lose or damage it. The card is used for the whole period of your course and is automatically renewed each year when you re-enrol.

We are here to provide as much support as we can during the enrolment process.

General enrolment support

If you have any problems or questions during enrolment, use our enquiry form to get in touch.

Head to the Virtual Courtyard from the 6 - 24 September (Monday to Friday only), 10am to 4pm with any questions you have about starting your course, whether it be about your enrolment, Welcome Week, or start of semester.

Our Student Ambassadors can help you get the answers you need and make sure you have a great start to your London Met experience. 

Frequently asked questions about enrolment

Our central location means that there is no student parking available (apart from disabled parking), and so parking your car is likely to be very difficult. You’re strongly advised to use public transport.

If you have any questions regarding your course or mode of attendance, please get in touch as soon as possible. Home and EU students should call our Admissions Office or if you are an international student you are able to talk to the International Admissions Office

If you change your mode of attendance (from full-time to part-time or vice versa) then you should be aware that this may affect any loans or other funding you receive.

You will need to have fully enrolled and obtained your student ID card in order to be eligible to apply. Please ensure you include your student ID number and full name (as detailed on your student record) on your TFL application. You should allow 5 working days for this to be approved by the University.

If you have any further queries in relation to receipt of your TFL Oystercard, you should contact TFL directly, visit the Transport for London website.

Yes. All undergraduate and postgraduate, full-time and part-time students can join the NUS. To find out more about the TOTUM card (the new name for the NUS extra card), and for discounts at a selection of retail outlets, visit the Students' Union pages for more details.

Full time students usually do not have to pay Council Tax. If you live alone or in a household where everyone is a student then you will not need to pay Council Tax as the property will be 'exempt'.

You can request a Council Tax Exemption Letter from your Scholl Office and then give it to your local Council office.

Your password is already provided in your email of admission. If this does not work for some reason, please email welcome@londonmet.ac.uk and a member of the team will get back to you.

How you pay your tuition fees depends on the type of funding you have, where you are from and whether you are studying at undergraduate or postgraduate level.

As a general rule, funding is available for the full length of your course, plus one extra year if needed. If you have attended a higher education course before for more than one year, your funding entitlement for a second course will be reduced and you will most likely have to pay the tuition fees yourself for at least your first year. Have a look at our factsheet on previous study.

An exception to this funding rule applies if you already have a first degree and are starting a part-time undergraduate degree in a specific course area. Have a look at the full list of exception courses.

In this case, you may be entitled to tuition and maintenance support. Apply via the Student Loans Company.

Unfortunately, the student funding rules will often count this as previous study and it may mean you won’t receive student funding for part or the full length of your course, even if you haven’t had funding before. Please make sure you declare all previous study to us and to Student Finance England/Wales/Northern Ireland.

Further information about previous study and the exceptions to this.

If we don’t think your funding will be confirmed we’ll ask you to pay the first instalment of your fees before you enrol. This will be refunded if your funding is subsequently confirmed.

We will be assessing your funding eligibility in advance of your enrolment, this is done after you pre-enrol, so you must pre-enrol as early as you can.

In almost all cases teaching begins immediately after welcome week, 27 September 2021.

CPE, LPC and PGCE courses all have earlier start dates and these will be communicated to you by the School.

Your online welcome timetable, gives details of the dates, times and venues for the introductory meeting(s) that you must attend. You’ll be able to see this information approximately 48 hours after you pre-enrol.

The name of the course you are joining is set out in your email of admission. If you are unable to access your online welcome timetables get in touch and our Welcome team can help assist in resolving this for you.

Your student ID card will be produced once you have fully completed the enrolment process.

You will be able to collect your I card from the start of welcome week.

Please keep your ID card with you at all times while at the University.

You will be able to view your timetable for classes via your Evision account; this facility is available normally 48 hours after the completion of pre-enrolment.

Timetables for postgraduate students will be issued during the welcome week at your course introductory meetings.

Your School Office is the place to go for any query related to your studies or your time at the University and is also the gateway to the wealth of other support services offered in the University, such as Student Services, Finance, learning support services.

Your  provides a One Stop Shop for any queries you may have during your time at London Metropolitan University.

chat loading...