Study rooms and zones
Each Library has Group, Quiet and Silent Study Zones. There are also bookable study rooms and specialised rooms for photography and the Legal Practice course.
Bookable group study rooms
Group study rooms are bookable for a two hour period and are for students' use only. The person who made the booking must collect a key fob from the library information desk to activate the booking. If you do not collect the key fob within 15 minutes of the booking start time then your booking will be cancelled.
- 4 Rooms Holloway Road - 1 room on the Ground floor, 3 rooms on the 2nd floor
Please remember to return the key fob to the information desk on time at the end of your booking otherwise fines may apply.
Non-bookable study rooms
There are 11 non-bookable study rooms available at the Aldgate Library:
- 4 study rooms on the ground floor (Wi-Fi)
- 5 study rooms with Collaborative Desks in each room on the 1st floor
- 1 group study room with 4 Collaborative Desks on the 2nd Floor
- 1 study room with 1 Collaborative Desk on the 3rd floor
Groups working together have priority for the use of study rooms.
Specialised study rooms
Photography at Aldgate Library:
3D photography studio room on the First floor of the library. Bookings are set up via the library information desk as they cannot be booked online. The bookings are for two hour periods.
You will need to bring your own camera
- The bookings are for two hour periods.
- Contains table-tops for small 3-D and 2-D objects and a tripod.
Drawing Board Room at Aldgate Library:
A spacious working space to give you more room to manoeuvre. There is an adjustable drawing board & stool, a light box, and a cutting table. The room is non-bookable and open to all students.
LPC (Legal Practice Course) Room - Moorgate building
This practitioner collection with IT facilities is only available to students on the LPC programme. LPC students need their London Met ID card to access the collection. It is situated on the 1st floor of the Moorgate building.
Conditions related to using a study room
- Rooms bookings will be cancelled if the access key is not collected within 15 minutes of the booking time.
- Overdue charges will apply if the booking time slot overruns and the key is returned late to the information desk.
- Please keep the study room tidy and clean.
- Hot and cold drinks are permitted in study rooms provided they are in spill-proof containers, cartons, cans or bottles.
- No food is permitted in any study rooms. Users found eating in a study room may lose access to these rooms for up to 3 months.
More details on usage policy available here.
Group study zones
Quiet study zones
Silent study zones