Reserve a book
Our reservation service enables you to reserve a book if all copies are on loan. It also allows you to reserve an available book if you would like it sent to a different site library for collection there.
You collect reserved items from the reservation shelves located in the library. We file them using your surname and you use one of the Self Service machines for borrowing.
Frequently asked questions
- Go to the Library Catalogue. Search for the item you want to reserve. Once you have it on the screen, select the Reserve button at the top of the screen.
- You can only place a reservation if all copies are on loan (unavailable) or you want the item sent to a different site location for collection.
- Enter your London Met Username and password. Sconul Access users select alternative login to enter both Borrower and PIN numbers in the fields shown.
- Select the site library you wish to collect the item from.
- You cannot reserve available items for collection at the same site.
- Students and staff can reserve up to 4 items at one time.
- Sconul Access users can reserve up to 2 items at one time.
- We will send you an email when the reserved item is ready for you to collect. We will then hold the item for you for 1 week.