Covid - Online Resources for Kids
Online Resources for Kids
Following the announcement that schools will be closed from Friday 20 March, we know that this is a time where children will be lacking routine and seeking stimulation. This can be taxing on a parent, especially if you are trying to get your own work done.
There is an abundance of free online educational and fun resources for children such as websites, YouTube channels and downloadable activities to keep children busy and learning.
BBC brings you daily content that supports kids as schools close across the UK, to help them with their education and wellbeing.
A playful and reflective trusted learning resource-supporting core and supplemental subjects
A hub of documentaries to feed your curiosity
Learn how to code for kids
Ethical cyber security and hacking courses
Live interactive online classes for ages three to eighteen
A complete math curriculum for ages three to thirteen
Expert-created content and resources for every course and level
Online video arts and crafts workshops and techniques. Learn how to paint, knit, crochet, sew, screen print, and more.
Discovery Education is as a trusted partner for schools, supporting them in realising their vision and achieving their goals with curriculum-matched content
Pretend to travel the world with these 12 famous museums.
Primary school fun science videos looking at Earth, Habitats, Space, Chemical Reactions, Engineering, and much more.
- Crash Course Kids Primary school fun science videos looking at Earth, Habitats, Space, Chemical Reactions, Engineering, and much more.
- Science Channel Learn about outer space, leading scientific exploration, new technology, earth science basics and more with science videos & news from Science Channel.
- SciShow SciShow explores the unexpected and delves into the scientific subjects that defy our expectations and make us even more curious!
- National Geographic Kids Nat Geo Kids makes it fun to explore your world with weird, wild, and wacky videos! Videos featuring awesome animals, cool science, funny pets, and more, are made just for curious kids.
- Free School FreeSchool is a safe and friendly place to expose children to famous art, classical music, children's literature, and natural science in an age-appropriate and kid-accessible way.
- Geography Focus This channel includes profiles of countries and regions, descriptions of important landmarks and geographical features (both natural and man-made), and discussion of international issues. Get to know planet Earth and how humankind interacts with it.
- Science Max A series that turbocharges all the science experiments you have done at home.
It is also vitally important that children keep active and exercising which can be hard to do indoors. ‘’The body coach’’, Joe Wicks will be doing live 30 minute PE sessions for children of all ages (adults too) every morning at 9am Monday - Friday on his YouTube channel. No equipment is needed.