Lynda.com is a fantastic online video tutorial library with thousands of courses ranging from beginner to expert level.
All students at London Metropolitan University have full, free, unlimited access to the online tutorials on Lynda.com.
Easily accessible through your laptop and desktop, or try the apps for IOS, Android and Windows.
What is Lynda.com?
Lynda.com is an online learning platform that helps anyone learn business, software, technology and creative skills to achieve personal and professional goals. London Metropolitan University students have unlimited access to the video library of over 4,000 courses. Explore hundreds of topics on software applications like Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator, and professional development topics like leadership, time management and many more.
Founded in 1995 and owned by LinkedIn, Lynda.com serves more than 10,000 institutions. Tutorials are available in 5 other languages. London Met has been a member since January 2016.
How to log in
Log in to Lynda.com with your University username and password.
- Go to lynda.com/signin
- Select 'Sign in with your organisation portal' from the sign-in window
- Enter londonmet.ac.uk and click 'Continue'
- You'll then be directed to the London Met Web Login page
- Log in with your University username and password
If you have problems logging in please contact the ICT Servicedesk
Benefits of Lynda.com
- Unlimited, anytime and anywhere access
- Expert instructions, Bite Size Tutorials
- Enables students to learn at their own pace, choose their own tailor made courses, no pressure of deadlines or missed opportunities as you can pause, rewind and save the course to a playlist whereby you can access any time or anywhere
- Time Management, C.V building and other professional courses will also enhance the student’s learning experience.
- Certificates of Completion which can be linked to your LinkedIn Profile to further build your educational history
- Training in mac, windows, excel and linux programmes
Students have completed 100 courses online with Certificates of Completion over the past 30 days (as at 18th July 2017)-
2, 947 active users
36 new users
583 hours of videos viewed
7,945 total number of videos viewed
Course ranking of most popular courses undertaken in the past month
- Photoshop CC 2017 one-on-one Advanced
- Rhino 5: Essential Training
- Revit Architecture: 2016 Essential Training
- Learning Bentley Microstation
- Learning Java
In the past month, Lynda.com has seen an exceptionally busy period whereby 100 students have completed courses with Certificates of Completion ranging from Sketchup for Architecture, Learning Motion Graphics to Contracting for Creatives courses . A massive applaud to all those students that are getting the most out of Lynda.com and exploring the site effectively.
Whilst software skills appear to be popular on Lynda.com it is worth mentioning that students are studying various topics in social media, film and music, which is exceptionally exciting to see as Lynda.com has a course to suit all tastes and desires.
Yes, Lynda.com is accessible through your desktop, laptop or mobile device anywhere and anytime!
No, Lynda.com is free to use for all students and staff at London Metropolitan University.
Yes, Lynda.com offers a vast range of other courses, such as design, business, marketing, video and photography.
Video tutorials can be as short as 4 minutes each. With the Playlist feature you can browse the entire Lynda.com inventory and build your own learning library which may include entire courses or just individual topics of interest.
You can contact the ICT Servicedesk
Lynda.com is accessible to all London Metropolitan University students and staff.