Find a doctor or dentist

If you are new to London it is very important for you to register with a General Practitioner (GP) as soon as possible. Please do not wait until you are sick to register. You should register with a GP close to where you are living. 

The NHS (National Health Service) choices website can assist you with finding various NHS services in your area as well as providing valuable healthcare information.

You will be able to register with a GP practice. The practice may ask you to bring proof of ID, proof of address and your NHS number. All persons born in the UK have an NHS number. If you were not born in the UK and have never registered with a GP before you will not have an NHS number - this will be generated for you after you register.

Additional information for international students

If you are an international student on a student visa you may need to show the GP surgery a copy of your passport and a letter confirming your enrolment at the University. Your Student Hub can provide you with an Enrolment Confirmation letter. If you are studying in the UK for 6 months or longer you will be eligible for most NHS services. If you are studying in the UK for less than 6 months you may be required to pay for the cost of visiting a doctor, dentist or other health service in the UK. If you are taking medication from your home country for any pre-existing condition it is recommended that you have a letter from your own doctor at home giving the details.

chat loading...