You can borrow up to 2 of these items at any one time.
They are issued for a limited time and must be returned to the site from which they were borrowed.
24 Hour Loans
- These contain core textbooks and DVDs to support specific courses
- They can be borrowed for 24 hours Mon-Friday
- Items borrowed on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be due for return by 10:30 the following Monday morning
- The books are identified by a blue 24 sticker on the front cover and are shelved in the main collection
- They are bookable via the library catalogue
Counter Loan Collection
- They can be borrowed for 3 hours
- They cannot be taken out of the library
- They are located and issued from the Information Desk at Holloway Road library
Offprints are photocopies of journal articles and chapters from books and are sometimes recommended reading for modules and courses. Some are likely to be specified in the reading list for your module. Most material of this kind is scanned into WebLearn modules.
Offprints are for reference only and therefore;
- can be borrowed for 3 hours
- cannot be taken out of the library
- They are located and issued from the Information Desks at our libraries.
Frequently asked questions
- Short Loan items cannot normally be renewed
- 24 Hour loans must be returned to the library from which they were borrowed by the end of the loan period. However, they can be re-issued for another 24 hours at any of our site libraries if not booked by another Library user
- Counter Loans and Offprints cannot be renewed. They must be returned to the Information Desk by the end of the loan period. However, they can be re-issued if not booked by another Library user
- Items booked by another Library user cannot be renewed or re-issued
- Short Loans cannot be renewed by telephone or online
- They are bookable using the library catalogue
- The booking will cancel if you do not collect it within 15 minutes of the booking start time
- You cannot book an item that has already been booked by another user for the same time
- The charge is 50p per hour