GSBL at Holloway
A warm welcome to GSBL from everyone at Holloway campus. We hope the information set out below will help you to settle in.
- There are two underground stations within close walking distance of the campus: Holloway Road and Highbury & Islington, as well as the overground station, Drayton Park.
- Buses from Barnet, Chalk Farm, Finsbury Park, London Bridge and Clapton Pond also stop outside the campus.
Location of GSBL
- GSBL staff can be found on the third floor of the Tower Main (TM3).
- The mock courthouse and specialist translation suites are located on the fourth floor of the Tower Main (TM4).
- Bloomberg room will be found on the mezzanine in the entrance of the Tower Building, room T1-20.
- All of our lectures are spread out across the campus. As it will take you some time to find your way around, we will be organising some ‘Get to know your campus’ tours to help you along the way, and you'll find details of these on the digital screens.
Student support available
- The Holloway Hub is the place to go for any query related to your studies and is also the gateway to a wealth of other support services, such as the Disabilities and Dyslexia service, money and accommodation advice, learning support services and more.
- The Student Liaison team: offers advice and support for students who experience challenges – whether personal or professional – to help you get the support you need to succeed in your studies.
- Career and Employability Advice: we have an amazing service to help you prepare for life after London Met, from interview advice to application form workshops, as well as a dedicated careers portal
- Counselling and personal development: counselling provides an opportunity, not only to talk about any personal or emotional difficulties that may be concerning you, but also to help you lead a more fulfilling and successful life, particularly at university.
- Students’ Union (SU): the SU, based in the Harglenis building, is the place to go for student discounts, clubs and societies, independent advice, representation, volunteering opportunities and more.
- Library Services: The Legal Practice Collection will move across to Holloway Library during 17-21 June and will be located on the second floor of the Learning Centre, room LC2-33. The GSBL print books and journals will move across between 1-9 July. The Welcome room at Holloway Library will be closed until 12 July.
- We realise that some of you will still need to access print books during this time and our library team will do everything they can to help you obtain the resources you need. Email email@example.com
or come to the Holloway Library Information Desk and ask for help. For an individual appointment with your GSBL Librarian please email: academic-liaison- firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The library move has resulted in upgrades being made at Holloway that will include the introduction of 90 more PCs, more synergy desks, and more spaces to work, collaborate and study.