GSBL at Holloway
A warm welcome to GSBL from everyone at Holloway campus. We hope the information set out below will help you to settle in.
- There are two underground stations within close walking distance of the campus: Holloway Road and Highbury & Islington, as well as the overground station, Drayton Park.
- Buses from Barnet, Chalk Farm, Finsbury Park, London Bridge and Clapton Pond also stop outside the campus.
Location of GSBL
- GSBL staff offices are located on the third floor of the Tower Main (rooms with a prefix TM3).
- The mock courtroom and specialist translation suites are located on the fourth floor of the Tower Main (room prefix TM4).
- Bloomberg room will be found on the mezzanine in the entrance of the Tower Building, room T1-20.
- All of our lectures are spread out across the campus. As it will take you some time to find your way around, we will be organising some ‘Get to know your campus’ tours to help you along the way, and you'll find details of these on the digital screens.
Holloway campus opening times
The Tower can be accessed Monday to Friday from 08:00. The building closes at 21:00 (9pm) and all students should have left by that time unless a class or other event has been scheduled for a later finish. In these instances, students should leave the building immediately after the class/event has finished. On Saturdays, students wishing to access the Tower Complex should sign in at reception. The building opens at 11:00. Students should leave by 15:00 (3pm) unless an event has been arranged. There is no access on Sundays.
During recess, the building hours for the Tower Complex are the same.
Rocket building (The Rocket)
This is the entrance best suited for access to the Admissions Desk and the Roding Building. It is open Monday to Friday from 09:00 until 17:00 (5pm).
The student venue is behind the Rocket entrance and we hold many events and activities.
Can be accessed Monday-Friday from 08:00. The building closes at Midnight. On Saturday and Sunday access is available from 11:00 until 19:00 (7pm). However, the closing times are sometimes extended until 22:00 (10pm). The notices on the front doors will show the latest information.
During recess, the Library continues to be available Monday to Friday 08:00 until 19:00. However, it is closed on weekends.
Science Centre (Gym)
Open at 08:00 Monday to Friday during Term. Classes usually finish by 17:00 (5pm). After this time, the building remains open for access to the Sports Hall and Gym until 22:00 (10pm). On weekends, the building can only be accessed between 11:00 and 19:00 (7pm) by Gym and Sports Hall users.
During recess, the building is closed except for pre-arranged sports events.
Fitness and recreation facilities including gym and sports hall are located in the Science Centre.
Student support available
- The Holloway Hub is the place to go for any query related to your studies and is also the gateway to a wealth of other support services, such as the Disabilities and Dyslexia service, money and accommodation advice, learning support services and more.
- The Student Liaison team: offers advice and support for students who experience challenges – whether personal or professional – to help you get the support you need to succeed in your studies.
- Career and Employability Advice: we have an amazing service to help you prepare for life after London Met, from interview advice to application form workshops, as well as a dedicated careers portal
- Counselling and personal development: counselling provides an opportunity, not only to talk about any personal or emotional difficulties that may be concerning you, but also to help you lead a more fulfilling and successful life, particularly at university.
- Students’ Union (SU): the SU, based in the Harglenis building, is the place to go for student discounts, clubs and societies, independent advice, representation, volunteering opportunities and more.
- Library Services: The GSBL print books and journals have now moved across to Holloway Library. The Legal Practice Collection has relocated to the second floor of the Learning Centre, room LC2-33. The Welcome Room will be closed until 16 September.
- If you cannot locate the resources you need please email firstname.lastname@example.org or come to the Holloway Library Information Desk and ask for help. For an individual appointment with your GSBL Librarian please email: email@example.com.
- The library move has resulted in upgrades being made at Holloway that will include the introduction of 90 more PCs, more synergy desks, and more spaces to work, collaborate and study.
Fire alarm testing
We have a fire alarm test at 9.30am every Tuesday morning.
Food and drink
There are four catering outlets at Holloway campus offering a range of hot and healthy choices, as well as grab and go options. Grab an international breakfast or drop by for lunch; menus include Halal, vegan/vegetarian and gluten-free options. A must is the Friday fish and chips at the Highbury canteen!
In addition, there are microwaves available for students and staff to use:
Two in the Green Met Lounge
Four in the Graduate Centre
Two in the Learning Centre Library
- There are plenty of student social events you can join at The Rocket, with listings updated weekly.