Withdrawal (module or University)

Please be aware that withdrawal from a module is not permitted after week 2 of the first semester of the academic year in which you are enrolled, without academic or financial penalty. After this point you are expected to complete, and pay for, every module registered against your record. Please note that your funding may be affected if you reduce the number of modules for which you are registered. For further information and advice please contact your Student Hub.

If you have unforeseen circumstances that are acute, severe, unforeseen and outside of your control, that occur immediately before or during the assessment period in question you can submit a claim for mitigating circumstances.

Very exceptional requests to substitute modules (same credit value total) may be considered after week 2. If you wish to substitute a module, please complete and submit a module registration form to your Student Hub for Personal Academic Tutor approval.

We understand that occasionally there may be situations where a student needs to withdraw their course. We strongly advise any student considering withdrawing to first talk to their Personal Academic Tutor (Undergraduate)/Course Leader (Postgraduate) and Student Services.

If you are being publicly supported (i.e you receive SLC funding support) we encourage you to contact our Advice, Information and Funding Service as there are likely to be implications for your current student loan and any future loans you may apply for.

If you have a student visa then you should be aware that the University has a legal duty to report your withdrawal to the UKVI within 10 working days.  International students with student visas wishing to withdraw are strongly advised to seek visa advice from the International Student Advice Team.

Informing the University

You need to formally confirm your intention to withdraw with the University in writing by completing a Withdrawal Form.

This should then be returned to your Student Hub. You should also return your student ID card.

Withdrawal (from the University) Form

What happens next

We will process your withdrawal and consider the impact on your tuition fees and confirm the withdrawal and the fee situation in writing to you. If you are in receipt of student support then we will write to your Local  Authority. If you are studying on a student visa, the University is required to inform the UKVI.  If you are eligible for an exit award, this will be progressed by our Assessment and Conferment Team.

Can I come back to the University?

If you decide at a later point that you want to come back to the University, then you would need to apply again through admissions.

chat loading...