Access to collections and services
Admission for external visitors is by appointment only and should be sent to email@example.com. Some materials are stored in closed stacks and must be requested in advance. There is no charge for access. The building is fully accessible and is serviced by a lift.
- The Reading Room is open Monday to Friday, 09.00-17.00
- London Met students and staff will be required to show their ID card and external visitors will be required to show proof of identity and address.
- No food or drink of any kind are permitted in Special Collections (which includes the TUC Library), to protect these rare publications. Lockers are provided for users.
- All material is issued for use in the Reading Room at the discretion of the staff member on duty.
- Failure to comply with the University’s rules and regulations for the Special Collections Reading Room may result in temporary or permanent withdrawal of access to the Reading Room and Collections. The Library reserves the right to refuse admission.
Reading Room Security
- Readers/ Visitors should leave any bags, including handbags and laptop bags as well as coats, umbrellas or other bulky objects in the Basement lockers
- The University accepts no responsibility for the loss or damage to readers’ personal property including laptop computers/ tablets.
- When leaving the Reading Room, personal possessions may be searched
- Special Collections materials must not be removed from the Reading Room.
- Theft of, or damage to, any Special Collections materials is a criminal offence and will result in prosecution.
- Pencils only may be used for note-taking. No pens, highlighter, correction fluid, bottles of ink, scissors, knives, staplers or any other items that may damage library materials may be brought into the Reading Room.
- No item of food or drink, including chewing gum or sweets, may be brought into the Reading Room.
- All materials should be handled with care and please do not lean on items or stack open volumes one on top of the other.
- Smoking is not permitted in any part of the building nor in the courtyard outside the building.
Photography and Reprographic Services
- All photocopying is at the discretion of the staff member on duty. Permission must be sought before undertaking any copying.
- No copying is allowed unless the appropriate form has been completed, and any applicable charges paid.
- Readers are reminded that the onus for satisfying the legal requirements of the Copyright Acts rests with them. It is the reader's responsibility to obtain permission from the copyright holder before publishing extracts from any documents.
- Photographic images may fall within the Re-use of Public Sector Information Regulations and readers are advised to view our Statement of Public Task where this may be the case.