Professional associations, reference sources, specialist libraries and websites
UK Culture, Heritage and attractions organisations
- Association British Travel Agencies
(ABTA) provides information on travel trends and impact of Brexit on tourism in the UK.
- Association of Leading Visitor Attractions
Find visitor statistics to all UK tourist attractions.
UK's National Virtual Museum, with arts and museum news as well as exhibition notices, reviews, features and trails. It promotes publicly funded museums, galleries, archives and heritage attractions in the UK.
- Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport
This government department is responsible for policy on the arts, sport, tourism, libraries, museums and galleries, and the historic environment.
- International Council of Museums
This is the international organisation for museums and museum professionals.
- The National Trust
This charitable organisation aims to protect and open to the public historic houses, nature areas and forests etc.
- Office of National Statistics
Produces statistics including datasets on leisure and tourism industry. Find information on travel trends, tourism spending in the UK and overseas travel.
Includes data and market research on Britain's Tourism industry and provides specific research on tourism business in the UK, consumer behaviour, inbound tourism by areas of interest and international tourism markets.
International and World Tourism Organisations, Statistics and Research information
- Asia Pacific Tourism
- Australian Tourism
- Canadian Tourism
- Caribbean Tourism
- European Tourism
Use the Euro-stat portal to find tourism statistics.
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
Tourism in OECD Member Countries.
- Overseas Development Institute
ODI is Britain's leading independent think tank on international development and humanitarian issues. See topic relating to pro-poor tourism and sustainability issues.
- The World Tourism Organization (WTO) publishes 'Tourism Statistics' and market trends.
- The World Travel and Tourism Council publish a series of country reports.
Organisation and Industry Websites for Tourism
- About Britain
Detailed information on British towns and attractions special events.
- ABTA (Association of British Travel Agencies
The official website of the Association of British Travel Agents
- Arts Council England
- Arts Journal
- Association of National Tourist Offices (ANTOR) UK
- English Heritage
Protects and promotes England's historic past.
- Historic England
- Museums Association
Looks after the interests of museums and galleries in the UK.
Conference, Exhibitions and Events Organisations
- ABPCO (Association of British Professional Conference Organisers)
- ACE (Association of Conferences and Events)
- AEO (Association of Exhibition Organisers)
- ICCA (International Congress & Convention Association
- MIA (Meetings Industry Association)
- MPI (Meeting Professionals International)
- NOEA (National Outdoor Events Association)
- SITE (Society of Incentive Travel Executive)
- TESA (The Event Services Association)